This week we will be continuing the unit study on Dinosaurs and our second Regie's Rainbow Adventure. Regie's Rainbow Adventure focuses on the importance of eating fruits and vegetables, last week we visit the Island of Red, this week we will be visiting the Island of Orange. If you have any questions regarding this program please contact me. Our focus letter this week is the letter M.
March is Reading Month, Preschool would like to thank Najiyullah's Mom for kicking off our reading guests, the preschoolers really enjoyed the Dr. Seuss Dinosaur book she read. Preschool would like to invite more family members to come in during the month of March and share a favorite children's book with the class. Please consider coming in and reading your or your child's favorite children's book to the preschoolers. Please speak with Mrs. Geidner if you are interested.
Ann Arbor Public Schools Rec and Ed is now registering for Safety Town this summer. Safety Town is a program for incoming Kindergartner's and Young Fives students. It is a week long camp that focuses on safety issues, please check the Rec and Ed catalog for dates and times, I highly recommend that you enroll your child in this program. If you have any questions please contact me. Miss Kelly is also teaching some fun and educational preschool summer camps this summer, please check the Rec and Ed catalog for times and dates or contact Miss Kelly for more information.
Safe Tips From Haven the Heron: Week of 3/12/18
This week’s message from Haven focuses on fire safety. This is a two part message, week one is all about preventing problems and preparedness before an emergency.
Smoke alarms save lives. Smoke alarms that are properly installed and maintained play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries. If there is a fire in your home, smoke spreads fast and you need smoke alarms to give you time to get out.
- Change batteries at least once a year.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside.
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years.
- In school we practice fire drills. It is important to always treat fire drills at school as if they were real.
- Line up calmly and safely
- Listen to teachers for directions
- ABSOLUTELY NO TALKING IN LINE - this is so important to practice, because if it was a real event, then everyone needs to hear directions. It also helps us stay calm.
"Higher and Higher the Incredible Automotive Balloon Spectacular"
Thurs., Mar 15 at 7:30, Fri. Mar., 16 at 7:30, and Sat., Mar. 17 at 7:00
Clague Middle School Auditorium
Ticket Sold at the door and online, Adults $10, Students K-12 $5
Thank you to all of you who continue checking your grocery items and clipping those Box Top, each ones gives 10 cents to Thurston School.
Upcoming Dates to remember:
Monday, March 26- Friday, March 30- No School Spring Break
Thank you for you continued support,