This week we are beginning a new unit study. Thurston Elementary School will be celebrating Earth Week the week of April 23. In preparation of Earth week preschool will be doing a unit study on how to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.This week is also our Fifth week of Regi's Rainbow Adventure, and our focus letter this week is the letter X. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Geidner.
Ann Arbor Public Schools Rec and Ed is now registering for Safety Town this summer. Safety Town is a program for incoming Kindergartner's and Young Fives students. It is a week long camp that focuses on safety issues, please check the Rec and Ed catalog for dates and times, I highly recommend that you enroll your child in this program. If you have any questions please contact me. Miss Kelly is also teaching some fun and educational preschool summer camps this summer, please check the Rec and Ed catalog for times and dates or contact Miss Kelly for more information.
Safe Tips From Haven the Heron: Week of 4/9/18
This week’s message from Haven is all about pedestrian safety.
- Teach kids at an early age to look left, right and left again before crossing the street. Then remind them to continue looking until safely across.
- Teach kids to put phones, headphones and devices down when crossing the street. It is particularly important to reinforce this message with teenagers.
- It’s always best to walk on sidewalks or paths and cross at street corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Children under 10 need to cross the street with an adult. Every child is different, but developmentally, most kids are unable to judge the speed and distance of oncoming cars until age 10.
- Be a good role model!! Set a good example by putting your phone, headphones and devices down when walking around cars.
May 4 International Night (starts at 5:30)
May 8 No School, Please Remember to Vote
May 23 Early Release
May 25 Field Day (More information to come)
May 28 No School Memorial Day
Thank you for your continued support.