This week we will continue our unit study of spring, we will be looking at what moves.
REMINDER: Early Release Wednesday, May 23 Preschool Ends at 1:28, there is
As you are doing your spring cleaning don't throw old books away. Thurston is collecting books for the Used Book Sale. The Used Book Sale/Snow Cone Social is June 8. There is a donation table located in the lobby area by the main office of Thurston School.
Field Day is coming up soon, it is scheduled for Friday, May 25. Preschool will be participating in field day in the afternoon session which starts at 1:10. I want to invite all of our Non-Friday friends to come and participate with the preschool on that day, please arrive at the preschool room at 1:00. If your child will be joining us on that Friday for Field Day please let Mrs. Geidner know. Please note some of the field day activities will include water, please dress your child appropriately and/or send an extra pair of clothes just in case. If you have any questions please speak with Mrs. Geidner.
**Preschool will be wearing their preschool hand print shirt on Friday for Field Day**
The last day of preschool is Friday, June 15, I would like to invite all of our Non-Friday Preschool friends to come and spend the morning saying good-bye, the last day of school is a half day.
Safe Tips From Haven the Heron:
It’s spring and many outdoor sporting activities are kicking into high gear. Tips for this week are all about sports safety:
- Be in shape physically and mentally! All young athletes should get a pre-participation exam/physical. Make sure children are physically and psychologically conditioned for the sport level they are playing.
- Protect young athletes! Make sure they are playing with the right protective equipment.
- Stop the spread of germs! Keep equipment, and clothing clean by frequent washing and sterilizing.
- Play head smart! Athletes and parents should be well educated on the risks and warning signs of concussion.
- Eat and drink to win! This includes a balanced and healthy diet as well as staying hydrated.
- Find out who’s taking care of the team! Know who has medical and first aid training. Make sure to establish an emergency plan.
May 25 Field Day (Start time 1:10)
May 28 No School Memorial Day
June 8 Used Book Sale/ Snow Cone Social
June 15 Last Day of School (Half Day)
Thank you for your continued Support,